What is Your Ritual? – Day 30
Yesterday we introduced rituals and took a look at Frank. Now let’s figure out what your ritual is.
Your ritual is a key part of your porn use. Everyone has rituals for acting out, and this is one of the most important things for you to identify for your recovery. Your ritual is the starting point of the road that ends with acting out.
Another word for ritual might be “preparation.” It means anything that you do to get ready for a sexual experience, a preparation checklist so to speak.
Today we wanted you to work on figuring out what your rituals are. The sooner you are able to identify the rituals you take part in leading up to your acting out, the sooner you will be able to control your outcomes.
- Do you have any nighttime rituals that you can identify?
- Taking your phone to bed
- Watching videos in your bed
- Sending flirty messages on social media
- Other (explain)
- Do you have any environmental rituals that you can identify?
- Waiting to be alone so you can act out
- Bringing phone into the bathroom
- Finding secluded places to work on your computer at school
- Do you have emotions that you ritualistically try to avoid like Frank?