Focus on the things YOU can change – bad habits, relationships, perspective, etc.
- Daily affirmations: This can be you looking at yourself in the mirror and saying something positive to yourself about yourself. It can also be written down somewhere, like a journal, or on your mirror with a dry erase marker. Do whatever feels best for you.
- Spending time with people who build you up: Surround yourself with good people who encourage you and help you see yourself in a better light.
- Find what makes you feel alive and fulfilled: Do what you love.
- Live life unplugged: Create healthier phone habits and less social media. Over-usage of social media has been linked to low-self esteem, unhappiness, and overall dissatisfaction with life.
- Volunteer/be a better friend: Doing things for others will help you feel better too!
- Exercise!: Something you can do is to set goals and achieve them. It makes you feel better, makes you look better, makes you stronger, and it gives you a sense of accomplishment.
- Changing perspective: Redirect negative thoughts and choose to see the same situation in a positive way. Get in the habit of focusing on the positive.